30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Susan G Komen Race for the Cure Summer 2014

This was by far the hardest Race for the Cure. I have been participating since 2011 after being diagnosed. 2011 was emotional but it didn't compare to this summer's emotions.

This was the first time I had to walk the Survivor's Walk without Jodi. I carried Emma because I didn't want to be by myself. I didn't have her hand to hold; I didn't have her shoulder to cry on; I didn't have someone to smile with and sing with.

I left the Survivor's procession early because I was too overwhelmed.

I miss you, Jodi. But I will continue to walk in your honor.















No comments:

Post a Comment