30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Monday, October 11, 2010

Great News to Share

Rett and I had a great Monday! We started the morning off with our 20 week ultrasound. We re-confirmed that our baby is a baby girl and a healthy baby girl at that. All of her tiny organs are working and developing just as they should and she is growing on track. We were able to see the four chambers of her heart, her lips, spine and bones. She is a very strong baby for enduring all of this! We can't wait to meet her!


Baby Oesch at 20 weeks.

Baby Oesch is now 11 oz; She has almost doubled in weight in the last three weeks and is now about 9" - 10" long.

I am feeling great and my baby bump has definitely started to show  more prominently this week.
Rett and I then met with Dr. Lyss, my medical oncologist, for a check-up after my first two rounds of chemotherapy. We received wonderful news in that my tumor has shrunk anywhere from .3 - .8 cm and Dr. Lyss says everything "couldn't be going better." With that, we will continue with the original plan which contains 2 more A/C chemo treatments and then I will begin my next chemo drug (the weekly infusions) on 11/30.

Dr. Lyss is happy with the lack of symptoms that I have endured and stated that I should have more "tolerance" to the next chemo drug as it isn't as nasty as a drug.

Rett and I went to the Lake of the Ozarks this past weekend to relax, enjoy the wonderful fall weather and look at the changing foliage on the trees.  


Here are some photos from my dad's new condo. I was able to get out and get some exercise. It is amazing the impact this has on my body; I used to be able to do 45 minutes on the StairMaster at the gym and walking up 69 (yes, my Dad counted) steps from the dock to the condo was exhausting!

Thanks for all the continued support and thoughts and prayers. They are working!
Hugs and Kisses,
Jenna

4 comments:

  1. Great news Jenna and Rett! Can't wait to see you in Kansas City Oct. 23!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day! Love the baby and bump pics!!! xoxo-kater

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great story filled with blessings. You daughter is beautiful. The pictures are very clear! My wife and I are expecting our fourth child in late November and we are having a girl too (our pictures aren't nearly that clear). I pray for you, your daughter and family often. I became a Christian two years ago, God has touched my life and He has the power to do all things. I pray that you continue to find joy (you don't seem to have a problem in that area); thank you for blessing us with details of your journey through these writings...

    ReplyDelete