30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Saturday, December 7, 2013

We have one heck of a busy almost 3 year old!

Emma will be three in January and therefore she has become more active in activities than ever before. I can't imagine life with a teenager :)

She began gymnastics at back to school time and has cherished every moment of it. She is in a parent help class and I too have loved being back in the gym- walking the balance beam, jumping on the trampoline, bouncing on the floor.

For those of you that didn't know, I was a competitive gymnast. I retired at the end of my 5th grade year because I wanted to experience sports with my friends. I was missing out on being on the softball and basketball teams. At 11 years old, I was in the gym 4 nights a week and on Saturday mornings.

I loved Creative Arts Academy in Kansas City. I loved the athleticism combined with the grace of gymnastics. I loved when George would do backflips off the poles. I loved summer camp. I loved doing giants on the bars into the foam pit. I loved doing cart wheels on the sidewalks of Antioch Mall. I loved running through the back hallways of the gym with our coaches. I loved performing at our annual Antioch Mall Showcase at the fountain. I loved living in leotards, being chalked up. I loved sleeping in the splits the night before a meet because I thought it would keep me loose. I loved my friends and teammates. I loved competing. I loved taking the medal stand.

Gymnastics made me who I am today. It taught me teamwork, work ethic and when to challenge myself- whether it was a new tumbling skill on the floor, a new flip or dismount off the beam or if it was to walk away from the sport I loved.

So to now see Emma so happy when she runs into the gym it just makes me smile. Her coach is Ms. Megan. Emma has expressed great signs of skill progression. She has no fear. She will try anything. She will walk on the beam; she will climb the rope; she can kick up to a handstand and hold herself up against at mat. She is my little blooming gymnast.

 
this is me

before a home meet

this is Emma


our future Olympian!


ta da!


in the bouncehouse with Lulu...her bestie
We also put Emma back in swim lessons this Fall as she loves the water but she needs to learn survival skills and technique. She loves the water and we are so glad we decided to put her in private lessons as we have seen the weekly progression so much stronger vs when she was younger.

getting diving rings with Ms. Sara


ready for her lesson

kicking!

look at those scoops!


We also bought family bikes and gear this Fall so we could enjoy our beautiful Fall weather together and get some great exercise at the same time.

shopping for bikes

safety first!

Emma's new wheels



preparing for her morning ride



No comments:

Post a Comment