30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Heaven Has a New Angel

Heaven received a new angel yesterday. My friend, Jodi Allen, received her wings yesterday and was relieved of all her pain and suffering. Although it is so hard to comprehend on Earth why she was chosen to live such a short life, she made the most out of everything. Even during her darkest moments she found strength and positivity and I am lucky to be able to call her a friend and breast cancer sister.

I was able to write her a note when she was placed into Hospice Care. Those words will remain private. I continue to pray for Jim, Emily, Mia and Jodi's entire family and friends. A wonderful woman, mom, sister, daughter, wife was taken from this world too soon.

In her memory, I have dug up some past posts from my blog so you too, can experience the wonderful person that she was.

http://oeschfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/day-6-and-day-7-yucks.html

Upon becoming diagnosed...
Jodi called me on Friday and we connected right from the beginning. She lives about 1 mile from me, has two small children, just finished treatment #12, she has great friends at Monsanto and she and her friends are the hit of Wednesdays at the treatment center!  Jodi started off on the third drug that I will receive and she transitions next week into the AC drug that I am currently taking. So unbeknownst to me I have been able to provide a few useful tips to her as well.

http://oeschfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/komen-race-for-cure.html

Our first Susan G Komen Survivor Walk together...
It was an early morning as I met Jodi on the live set of KSDK so I could see her do her live interview. She is such an inspiration to many and especially me. She is the one that showed me that this disease would not take us down, but rather we could stand strong to help beat this together.

We then walked in the Survivor Walk together. What an amazing emotional experience. To stand there with hundreds and hundreds of other women who had battled and won the fight against breast cancer, to those that are still going through treatment and to those that unfortunately lost their lives to this terrible disease, it showed how strong women (and men) can be when we come together to raise funds to continue the research to find a cure!

Here we are joining the other Survivors! Check us out at the 1:40 timestamp
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=262539 


http://oeschfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2012_06_01_archive.html
Walking in our second survivor walk...


http://oeschfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2013_05_01_archive.html
 A display of Jodi's positivity from her blog...
So thank you Jesus for the diaper display being the worst thing that day and for reminding me to keep turning to you over and over and over and over and over again and trusting you.
I ask for special prayers for a new experimental drug that my oncologist has approved for me to take privately. It is not FDA approved but has shown promise in a few clinical phase 2 trials.  We are in the process of finalizing access to it, dosing, etc.  And despite insurance not covering this costly drug I trust God has absolutely lead me to it and He has it all as a part of His almighty, miraculous healing plan.
Enjoy your weekend, thank God for our men and women who protect and serve our country, and may little things be your only “worsts” but also the things that remind you to trust almighty God always!
And happy birthday sweet Mia Rose!

Here is a follow-up story from Mike Bush on KSDK
http://archive.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=385435
 
From the 2013, Susan G Komen Race for a Cure

what a rock star! she ran the 5k and I was honored to cheer her on at the starting line. Thank you Mike Kinman for blessing her there as well.

As Rett, Emma and I plan to walk in the 2014 Susan G Komen walk, the Survivor walk will be lonely. I will be thinking of you; I know your smile and new angel glow will be shining down on me.

Love and miss you,
Jenna

 

No comments:

Post a Comment