30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Sunday, June 29, 2014

Discover Monsanto.


I am so proud of the first steps my company, Monsanto, has taken to listen to your questions, your feedback, your concerns surrounding a healthy and safe food supply.

We have turned a corner. We used to talk about things like this:
  • We are a Fortune 500 Company headquartered in St. Louis, MO
  • Globally we have over 21,000 employees in 66 countries with 10,000 in the United States
  • We are an agricultural and vegetable seeds, plant biotechnology and crop protection company
  • We are focused on empowering farmers—large and small—to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world's natural resources such as water and energy.
  • And we do a lot of scientific research...to the tune of $2,000,000 daily
 But I am proud that Monsanto began to do consumer research as well. We learned that while we were focused on communicating to our end users- our dealer customers, farmer customers, crop consultants and academics, we were missing out on the consumer who had the important responsibility of providing safe and healthy food choices for their family. The moms; the foodies. with this void, became many Internet fed myths and scare tactics.

So here are the things that we want to engage in conversation with you now.
  • What do you want to know?
  • How can we answer your questions? concerns?
  • Share our partnerships with Wal-Mart, one of the biggest suppliers of food in the world
  • Learn what scares you about plant breeding? about GMOs?
  • What are your unknowns that you just wish you knew more about?

This is what I would like you to know about Monsanto:
We’re innovators, food lovers, scientists and stewards of the land. That’s why we strive to find collective solutions to help feed our planet while protecting the earth for generations to come. And, while our mission is to help farmers grow more food sustainably, the safety of our products will always be a top priority.

I have just celebrated my fifth year at Monsanto. I can tell you the people I have met and built relationships at Monsanto are caring, hard working, passionate, realistic, smart, concerned for the planet, eager to try new things...we are a family. As cliche as it may sound, every time we have an employee moving on to his/her next step on their career journey...it is the people on their teams that they say is the hardest to leave. In my five years I have always worked in the US Marketing department. I have seen great people go, but I have seen great people continue to join the team. I couldn't ask to work with a better, more talented group of family oriented professionals.

So, I hope you join me on my blog as I begin to address some of these items. I hope you engage in questions, continue to educate yourself and share this information with your friends and family.

I welcome you to Discover Monsanto.
Love, Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment