30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Discover Monsanto: Top Questions Surrounding GMOs


I have been working in agriculture for roughly 7 years now and in marketing and communications for 12 years. I did not grow up on a farm-in fact hadn't really ever been on a farm; I did not go to school for agriculture; I didn't ever think I would be a part of this industry. But I am so glad I am. I have been at Monsanto for a tad over 5 years. I have held many different marketing and communications jobs across our portfolio of biotechnology, seed brands and crop protection. I am currently the Geographic Marketing Manager for North Dakota, Northern Minnesota and South Dakota. And I absolutely love it!

I am consistently asked by my family, friends, leaders in the St. Louis community the following questions:
  • How can you work for a company that is so hated?
  • Are you just drinking the kool-aid?
  • I don't understand biotechnology and GMOs...can you help me understand?
  • Why is the campaign for GMO haters so much louder?
  • Do you think your company's products cause cancer?
  • What happens when there is a March Against Monsanto on campus?
  • Isn't organic better? healthier?
  • Is it safe to eat food derived from your crops?
My response is always consistent and starts the same...the people I work with are amazing. I have never worked with more caring, hardworking, genuine people than I have in this industry. My colleagues, my agency partners, my dealer customers and our farmer customers can be described this way. In fact, when I was diagnosed with breast cancer, my team grew closer together, they supported me like never before and they gave me the motivation to take the time needed to beat this nasty disease so I could return to the team healthier and more motivated to reach our unified goal...providing food, fuel and clothing for the growing population.

We are a united team at Monsanto. We are mothers, brothers, scientists, researchers, daughters, breeders, friends, colleagues. We all care about these same issues. We do the grocery shopping for our families and we want to make sure our food sources are safe, reliable and healthy.

So let's tackle some of these questions.
Source: http://gmoanswers.com

GMO Answers is funded by the members of The Council for Biotechnology Information, which includes BASF, Bayer CropScience, Dow AgroSciences, DuPont, Monsanto Company and Syngenta. The members are dedicated to the responsible development and application of plant biotechnology.

GMO Answers was created to do a better job of answering consumer questions—no matter what they are—about GMOs. It is important to seek out and listen to the questions consumers are asking so that we can provide answers and links to resources that help address consumers’ concerns about GMOs, the technology behind them and their role in agriculture.

So if you are interested in learning the facts behind the answers to the following questions, please join us in the conversation at gmoanswers.com.

If livestock eat genetically modified grain, will there be GMOs in my meat?
Are GMOs contributing to the death of bees and butterflies?
Why are companies against labeling GMO foods? 
Are GMOs causing an increase in pesticides? 
Why aren’t long-term health studies conducted on GMO plants?
Are GMOs contaminating organic food crops? 
Are GMOs Increasing the Price of Food? 
Are big companies forcing farmers to grow GMOs?
Are GMOs causing an increase in allergies?
Do GMOs Cause Cancer? 


No comments:

Post a Comment