30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Thursday, January 20, 2011

Only 4 Chemo Treatments Left Before Surgery

We are about to hit another huge milestone in my cancer treatment. I only have 4 more chemo treatments before my surgery!!!

I gave birth to Emma on Saturday (the 8th) and was back in the cancer infusion center on Tuesday (the 11th) getting my regular Taxol treatment as well as adding Herceptin, a drug I couldn't have when I was carrying Emma. By being able to add this drug now for these last treatments I will be able to take off 6 weeks of chemo on the backend, post surgery. Therefore Dr. Lyss believes I will be done with my chemo treatments by Christmas 2011. It is the best Christmas present I could ever ask for.

We celebrated last week's treatment with "Give Cancer the Boot" theme:
Cowboy and Cowgirl

With Mom and Dad and the little boots for Emma!

Only 5 more treatments left
This treatment had a different feeling to it because all I could focus on was getting done with my infusion and back upstairs to my little girl. I was so anxious to get through it so I could go back up and hold her and feed her.

This past Tuesday we kicked off the treatment with the theme "Cooking up a Cure":
Rett made us Chef hats!

Rett, me and Jan
Only 4 more treatments left!

I met with my surgeon, Dr. Yazdi,  yesterday and we are set for a lumpectomy and axillary lymph node dissection on March 8th. It will be about a 2 hour surgery and will require one night in the hospital. He believes my full recovery will take about 6 weeks however I will be out of commission for 2 weeks and not able to drive. As I near about 4 weeks post surgery I will begin physical therapy as well as radiation and the rest of my chemotherapy. It will be a long road ahead but I am looking forward to getting all of this done and putting the cancer chapter behind me so I can focus on my precious little Emma.

Love,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment