30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Women's USA Gymnastics Team Takes Gold!

USA! USA! USA!

The Women's Gymnastics team took GOLD last night!


As I was sitting in my bed, watching every move, every pointed toe, every wobble on the beam, every hop on dismounts, every giant on the bars I couldn't help but remember when I was a competitive gymnast!

Don't get me wrong, I was no Olympic athlete nor Jr. Olympian by that matter, but I was dedicated to the sport...enough to retire at the early age of 11. My mom enrolled me in tumbling right after I could walk (Emma's current age) and at the age of 2 I was jumping off the high dive and really didn't show much fear of too much. When we moved to Kansas City, I joined Creative Arts Academy and followed my passion for gymnastics. Although I was forced to take ballet for my strength development and jazz for my rhythm, my heart was  in gymnastics. I could be a girly girl and sporty spice all at the same time.

I had quite the wardrobe of leotards, gym shoes, spandex shorts and bows for my hair to match my uniforms, but I also had bumps, bruises, rips on my hands, and my fair share of ankle wraps.

By the time I was in early elementary school I was on the Highlander competitive gymnastics team. I was in the gym every night but Friday night for about 3 hours and then on Saturday we have 3 hours of endurance and weight training. That was a lot for a 6 year old to handle!


So anyways, by the end of 5th grade I decided it was time to retire from the 4" balance beam, the high flying tricks of the floor exercise, our dare devilish vaults and the darn bars...I hated those bars. Never was a good all around teammate because of those darn bars, but my balance beam work carried me through!



I still can't believe the mounts, dismounts, flips, cartwheels, etc we would do to perfect our skills and make it to the next Class of competition.

Anyways, here's to the USA Women's Team and their accomplishments in winning GOLD for their country and making all of their hard work and dedication pay off!




No comments:

Post a Comment