30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Saturday, December 10, 2011

Prepping for Emma's first Christmas!

Christmas is my favorite holiday. I loved trying to stay up to hear the reindeer hooves on the roof and catch Santa coming down the chimney to fill the stockings and drop off all of the presents. I never achieved either. However, my brother and I would wake up super early to get downstairs in anticipation of Santa's big delivery. The stocking would be full, the cookies half eaten, the milk gone and the carrot and water for Rudolph enjoyed.

Rett and I are so excited to be planning our family traditions and beginning to celebrate all the same excitement with Emma.

Emma helped us decorate the tree this year. She was in charge of all soft ornaments and the tissue paper they came wrapped in. She got to the bells and was hooked.


We went to see Santa at Frontenac Mall today. He was so nice, charming, and great with all the kids. He told me he loved Emma's beret! He said "Ho, ho, ho" to Emma and when I told  him "hope you have a Merry Christmas" he replied, "I already have."


"are we there yet?"


"so Santa, I was thinking about a car for Christmas."


"well why not, Santa?"

"let me check you out again."

"I love, Santa!"



Ho, Ho, Ho...Merry Christmas!
Wishing you health and happiness this Christmas and New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are so cute! I'm not used to seeing a kid that actually smiles in their first Santa picture (as opposed to screaming bloody murder). Emma looks so precious! I love the beret too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Sara! Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete