30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Saturday, June 23, 2012

Celebrating 2 Years as a Survivor

Today was the St. Louis Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. It was my second time to walk and I got to celebrate two years of being a survivor! When it was time to set up a Team, I had told Rett I wasn't sure if I wanted to participate. As I finished my chemotherapy in December I wanted the year of 2012 to be a fresh start without thinking about the breast cancer...I was afraid that doing the Race would not allow me to do that.

However, after walking with 50,000 of my closest friends today, I was reminded how lucky I am to have great doctors, great insurance, great family, great friends and a great city! And I was happy to celebrate with my fellow survivors and walk for those that weren't as fortunate.

Thank you to all of you that donated to Team Jenna...here's to year 3!!!






Survivors!


Sam Bradford was honorary chair

Jodi and Jenna

headed out on the first stretch...

...and a sea of pink behind us

on the homestretch

Charlene, Jenna and Leanne

With Michael Brockers (1st round draft pick)  and Rokevious Watkins- Go Rams!



We then headed to City Park on the way back to the car.






she liked the ice cream today!


No comments:

Post a Comment