30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chemo Free Tuesday

Today was the first Tuesday since November 23rd that I woke up and didn't have to go to the hospital for chemotherapy!

It was so nice to sleep in a bit longer and stay at home with Emma all day long. Between feedings, Emma and I snuggled, cleaned the house, put away laundry, checked email, swung in our swing, played on our mat, did tummy time and got a quick workout in.

Next Tuesday is my last chemotherapy before surgery. It feels like Groundhog's Day as I thought I had already had my last one. However since I was able to start the Herceptin once Emma was born, Dr. Lyss wanted to squeeze one more in because this drug is safe to give one week before surgery. I was bummed I didn't get my full "chemo vacation" but one more now means one less later.

I don't know my full post-surgery schedule yet as most is determined at my follow-up with my surgeon. At that point, we will determine upcoming physical therapy, radiation and remaining chemotherapy.

I do know that I will begin my hormone therapy (via a daily pill) beginning one week post surgery. I will keep you posted on how that goes...a medicated menopausal state for a 30 year-old could bring interesting tales.

Love,
Jenna

1 comment: