30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Count Them...2 More Left!

I don't like high fives. I feel awkward giving and receiving them. But I have given a few high fives lately and they have felt great. Thank you to Dr. Lyss and Dr. Yazdi for providing me with the proper treatment to shrink the tumor to a size that you can't feel (woo hoo!) and prepping me for the best surgery outcome possible. Both doctors received high fives!

I can't believe how far we have come since the end of August. I thought we would never make it to February and to the end of my scheduled chemo treatments prior to surgery. However, after today we only have two more treatments to go!

Then I get to take three weeks off...no doctor visits, no treatments, no scans, no nothing! Three wonderful weeks that I don't have to travel to the hospital and that I can spend with Rett, Emma and my family and friends! I am so blessed to have this cherished time before I am out of commission for a bit after my lumpectomy and lymphnode removal.

I can't thank everyone enough for all the continued love and support you have shown to me, Rett and Emma throughout this crazy 7 months. The grocery shopping, the meal delivery, the visits, the well wishes for Emma, the prayers, etc. You all have helped me keep going and keep up with the positive attitude and spirit and for this I am forever grateful!

To continue the trek towards the end, we continued our "celebrations" at chemotherapy:
We (Laura, Jenn, Jenna, Molly and Rett) borrowed a page from the American Cancer Society's book. If we fight cancer we can celebrate more BIRTHDAYS! Laura's mom, Mrs. Stanek, passed away from melanoma and her birthday was this exact day too...so we celebrated with cupcakes in her honor. We also remember Mr.Ross, Molly's dad, whom lost his battle with cancer.

We are "working out" a cure. Thank you to my father-in-law, Rett, for getting me to and from the hospital safely so I didn't have to miss a treatment in this snow storm.
I raise my hand to all of you for a BIG high five! Here's to ONLY 2 MORE!
Love,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment