Today is February 26, 2011. It is amazing to think that you are 7 weeks old on your due date. Mommy had a gut feeling all along that you were going to come before your due date but never imagined almost 2 months early. You are my miracle angel baby.
The last couple of weeks have been so much fun! We met your cousins at the park and went on a walk and watched Cora play on the swing and jungle gym. Your Aunt Aubree and Uncle Taylor came to visit. And you continue to grow and reach new milestones. You are now in NB diapers and growing more and more into your NB clothes. You are eating 80 ml of formula in the day and 90 ml at nighttime feedings.
Mommy loves everything about you but here are some favorites from the last couple of weeks:
- The sounds you make while you eat, dream and play
- How you grow and change everyday
- How you kick your feet and swing your arms during the day (we aren't swaddling you during the day so you can explore with your hands)
- The way you work so hard to get your hands out of your swaddle. Last night you had gotten both arms out and pushed the blanket down to your waistline. You had your arms flailing all around!
- Watching you sleep so peacefully
- Reaching for my fingers while you are eating
- Cuddling on my chest
- Cooing when you are listing to your Disney music
- Watching you love and cuddle your baby doll
- Intensely reviewing all details of the animals in your favorite book
- Watching you develop all different kind of facial expressions (my favorite is when you put your lips in a "o" shape and your eyes get really big)
- Sticking your tongue out- it is so pointy
- Squeezing on your cheeks
Mommy and Daddy took a big step this past week too and left you with Grandma Charlene so we could meet some friends out a your Daddy's syndicate bowling event. I only stayed for about an hour and a half as I wanted to be back in time for your 9:00 feeding. When I got back home we Skyped with Mumsy, and Dee Dee and Papa. This is the first time Dee Dee and Papa had seen you live. They can't wait to meet you. I hope to get to KC as soon as we can after I recover from my surgery.
You had a fussy night on Thursday and we were up a few more times that regular checking on you, putting your pacifier in, and re-swaddling. Daddy had an important meeting with a client on Friday and during the night he said to me as he was getting up to check on you, "She hasn't been fussy any night until the night before a big meeting." Mommy was so out of it that my response was, "Well, did you tell her?"
We are so proud of the growth you have made in the past 7 weeks! Here's to a lifetime of accomplishments!
We love you,
Mommy and Daddy