30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Thursday, November 11, 2010

9 Weeks of Chemotherapy are Catching up With Me

Well, I think the chemotherapy treatments have begun to catch up with me. I have been more tired than usual which leads to an early bedtime of around 8:45 PM. The steroids are really causing me not to sleep. Last night I was up for over an hour. Thank goodness for DirectTV all house DVR as I was able to watch Parenthood in bed before I fell back to sleep.

Tonight, as you can tell this post is very early. I have been up since 2:15...it is now 5:15 AM. Sorry to those that were on the receiving end of some very early emails. My mind started racing thinking about my "to do" list, I created the list, watched Friday Night Lights, tried to get on email but the VPN access is still messed up at work, started our Estate Planning Document...let's just say it has been a productive morning...just wondering when I am going to crash.

Other side effects from the chemotherapy and steroids this time (because insomnia isn't enough) include a bit of nausea, heartburn (or is that the pregnancy?) and hot flashes.

I just wanted to send another round of thank yous for all the dinners supplied and the groceries purchased and delivered. It sounds like easy tasks but I can't tell you how great it has been to be able to focus my limited energy on other items vs the above so that I can live a more "normal" life during my treatments and pregnancy. Rett and I couldn't be more grateful for the family and friends that have stepped up to help us. We love you guys!

Love to all-
Jenna

1 comment:

  1. My wife is 38 weeks pregnant and heartburn/acid reflux, insomnia and fatigue have been prevalent since around 20-something weeks. Old wives tail says the baby will be born with lots of hair, but that hasn't been the case for us on the past. Congratulations on getting past your first round of meds.

    ReplyDelete