30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Friday, November 19, 2010

The Last of the Yucks?

I have made it through my last A/C Days 6, 7 and 8 Yucks. Although it wasn't without a little pain. My side effects definitely came out this time. I dealt with the usual headaches, tiredness, weakness and mouth sores however this time I experienced major hot flashes during the night and the daytime (just sitting at my desk sometimes) and extreme hunger side effects such as clamminess and blurred vision. I simply let myself get too hungry in a couple of meetings this week and was slow to recover.

Anyways, I am feeling better (it is Friday after all) and getting ready for a great weekend. I pick my mom up at the airport tonight and have my first baby shower tomorrow afternoon. Then we have another ultrasound on Monday with Baby Oesch. I can't wait to see how much she has grown and look at her beautiful features she is developing. I will be 26 weeks on Sunday.

Other updates. My life-long girlfriend, Cara...yes, the one that organized the St. Louis walk, just found out she is also having a Baby Girl! I can't wait for them to grow up together and share the special bond we have.

Jodi, my "crazy chemo friend" is completely done with her chemo treatments and has surgery on November 30th. Please keep her in her prayers for a speedy recovery so she feels like herself in time for Christmas. She celebrated and went out with a bang. She said good night to cancer and hosted a PJ party at the infusion center. She also collected over 300 jammies for needy St Louis children. Here we are celebrating her magnificent accomplishment! I am sure you are asking where my PJs are...I brought my robe to place over my clothes and had already stripped it off as I was in the middle of my own personal summer...hot flash!!!

Jodi and Jenna at Jodi's last chemo treatment. Good night cancer!
Rett and I took our baby bump photos with a fabulous photographer on Thursday, Kelly Ferguson.
Check out her work at: http://www.kellyfergusonphotography.com/index2.php?v=v1#/home/

Kelly lost her mom to cancer last year and therefore we had an immediate connection. It was so fun to get dressed up and actually showcase my belly. How often does a woman get to show off her belly bump? We will keep you posted on our favorite captures from the day.

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment