30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Friday, September 3, 2010

2010 is Our Year!

I am a huge planner and all of my family, friends and co-workers would agree that creating lists, scratching things off that list and time management are all things that keep me organized. It is easy to create a to-do list for grocery shopping, errands to run or things to accomplish at work, however 2010 was the year that creating a list wasn't going to help me and Rett accomplish the biggest gift of all, starting a family.

After studying abroad in college I had always wanted to travel back to Europe with Rett and explore cities and countryside that would create everlasting memories for us. We did this in the Fall of 2009 and traveled to 6 countries in 18 days. It was our "Last Hoorah" trip together before we would start a family.

I found out I was pregnant on June 27th, 2 days before my 30th birthday. I was about 5 weeks along. We were both so happy and  fulfilled with so much love. We immediately began buying books and reviewing online newsletters to prepare us for our new bundle of joy's arrival.

We had several trips planned for the summer and we were just dying to tell our family and friends but we wanted to make sure it was the right time and we were far enough along in the pregnany. Over the 4th of July we went to visit Rett's family in Crystal Lake, IL. We thought we were being sneaky but i don't think we fooled everyone. The next weekend, we met my mom, my brother, Taylor, and my sister-in-law, Aubree in Boston to celebrate my 30th birthday. I met my mom at her gate and she immediately was picking up on cues and then when I didn't order a glass of wine at dinner she knew! We told my family that weekend but swore them to secrecy. The next weekend we were back with Taylor and Aubree in Columbus for an annual golf tournamet Rett plays in with Taylor. It was nice to just relax at the pool, get a pedicure and hang out with them.

After getting back from all of our travels, we had our 8 week ultrasound and what a beautiful miracle we could see in our printed ultrasound. A healthy baby! Over the course of the next few weeks we had so much fun telling the rest of our families and friends about our great news.

No comments:

Post a Comment