30, Pregnant and Diagnosed with Breast Cancer

Welcome to the Oesch Family Blog. This blog will allow you to follow along as our family grows, we tackle my breast cancer and live life to its fullest.



Monday, September 13, 2010

Look Good. Feel Good.

I am headed to the hospital this morning for my first cancer support center event. It is called "Look Good. Feel Better." There I will meet with makeup artists and other cancer patients to learn how to look and feel great throughout the chemotherapy.

I am going to learn about skin care, applying eyelashes and eyebrows with makeup techniques, etc.

It has now been 5 days since my first treatment, one of those days without the steroids and I am still feeling great! Rett and I have been going on walks up and down the street as my port is not completely healed yet. It helps me keep a bit active and get out in this great weather we have been having.

My face has begun to breakout a little from the chemo and I have lost about 3 pounds. Whoever thought that I would be concerned about the losing weight side effect? However I just want to make sure my baby is growing at a normal rate and pace, especially since the third chemo drug that begins in about 11 weeks has premature labor and low birth weights as potential side effects.

Rett and I will be visiting Dr. Smith next week for a 17 week ultrasound and check-up next Monday. Silver lining: we get to see our baby more often!

Love,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment